Friday, November 8, 2013

3D Print: How To Train Your Dragon's STOICK.

Two years ago I had the opportunity to join the DreamWorks Animation modeling team to work on How To Train Your Dragon 2.  With modeling finishing up this week on the project, we wanted to put together a gift for Dean DeBlois (Director of HTTYD2). For the past few weeks I have been crunching away at home to finish this 3D print using my Form 1 3D Printer and Zbrush. This has been the most ambitious 3D print I have done, being a final height of 8" and built from 11 separate pieces and then assembled by hand.

If you happen to be going to CTN Animation Expo this year I will be breaking down part of my process live at the ZBrush booth Friday, Nov 15 from 2:15PM - 3:15PM, Saturday Nov 16 from 4:30PM - 5:30PM and Sunday Nov 17 from 4:00PM - 5:00PM.

Want to know more about how Stoick was 3D printed? Check out my next blog post.

See you there!


Myself with Dean receiving the 3D Print. Thanks to Sean Choi for the awesome capture!

No comments:

Post a Comment